We are giving a variety of tips on how you can cope with cancer once you’ve diagnosed.
- Learn about your disease: Everyone is going to have a unique journey and you could have a different experience from someone else. It’s very important to research about YOUR diagnosis and ask your doctor about your treatment process.
- Expectations: Be sure to listen to your doctor once you receive your diagnosis initially. However, remember things can change throughout the process at any point.
- Be Patient: The biggest thing we try to tell our patients is to be patient whenever you’ve been told you have cancer. Treatments, procedures, and surgery plans can change at any point.
- Chemistry: Finding a doctor you are comfortable with is going to make all the difference. This will be a time you will be making big decisions and you want to consult with someone you trust.
- You’re Not Alone: Whenever you’ve been diagnosed you’re not alone. There are a variety of support groups to help you and your loved ones get through this time.