Brighten the holidays by making your health and safety a priority. Take steps to keep you and your loved ones safe and healthy during this holiday season.
- Stay hydrated. Not only does water keep you hydrated, it helps regulate body temperature and is essential to keeping your body functioning properly. Water will boost your immune system and help prevent you from getting sick during cold and flu season.
- Rest up. Not only is this the most wonderful time of the year, but it’s also the busiest. When you don’t get a good night’s sleep, you run down your own body and make yourself more susceptible to illness. Lack of sleep will affect your mental state as well. Getting enough sleep helps you make consistent and positive lifestyle choices.
- Eat well. Let’s face it, rich foods, desserts, and cocktails are inevitable during the holidays. Rather than try to fight it, be smart about it to avoid overindulging. It’s essential to stay balanced and do everything in moderation. Make sure you are eating plenty of vitamin-rich foods to help keep that immune system boosted.
- Stay active. Don’t neglect your exercise program during the holidays. It’s even more important to stay active during the fall and winter months when illnesses and stresses are everywhere. Besides being good for your overall health, exercise can reduce stress, release endorphins, and help you to forget about your worries. It is recommended that you increase your level of physical activity this time of the year.
- Beat germs. Handshakes, kisses, and hugs are a great way to show some love, but they are also a great way to spread infections. Prevent sickness by: washing your hands often and keep they away from your eyes, nose, and mouth; Always keep a small bottle of antibacterial gel on hand; and, try to keep your distance from people who show symptoms.
- Take a time out. You might not have time for a spa day during the holiday madness, but that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t take a moment for yourself. Between shopping, cooking, and hosting, make sure you take time each day to relax and clear your mind.
The Bridge Breast Network saves lives by providing access to diagnostic and treatment services for breast cancer to those who are low income, uninsured and underinsured individuals. We have had the opportunity to assist a large number of persons throughout north Texas with a difficult and, often, frightening part of their lives.
For every dollar donated, BBN clients receive nearly 10 times that amount in medical care.
Your tax-deductible donation goes toward providing lifesaving evaluations and treatments such as mammograms, biopsies, surgeries, chemotherapy, and radiation.