American Cancer Society
The American Cancer Society mission is to free the world from cancer. Until we do, we’ll be funding and conducting research, sharing expert information, supporting patients, and spreading the word about prevention. All so you can live longer — and better.
CaringBridge.org offers personalized websites, free of charge, to people facing serious medical conditions, hospitalization, undergoing medical treatment and/or recovering from a significant accident, illness, injury or procedure. The service allows family members and friends to receive consistent information via a single website, and eliminates the need to place and receive numerous telephone calls. Visitors who are provided the personal Website address (or URL) and password, if required, can read updates on the patient’s condition and post their own messages of support and encouragement to the family.
CancerCare.org allows caregivers a way to find support and helpful information as they care for loved ones with cancer.
Breastcancer.org is a nonprofit organization dedicated to providing the most reliable, complete, and up-to-date information about breast cancer and breast health as well as an active and supportive online community.
Since 1982, Komen has played a critical role in every major advance in the fight against breast cancer – transforming how the world talks about and treats this disease and helping to turn millions of breast cancer patients into breast cancer survivors.
The FitSTEPS for Life® program is an individualized, community-based program designed to improve the physical and mental functioning, quality of life, and survival of people living with cancer. The program includes aerobic exercise, muscle strengthening, and stretching techniques specifically designed for participants debilitated by cancer and its treatments.
Cleaning For A Reason is a nonprofit organization partnering with maid services to offer free professional house cleanings to improve the lives of women undergoing cancer treatment.
Yoga Bridge – Free Yoga for Cancer Patients
Beginner yoga classes for cancer patients, survivors, and caregivers at the Medical Center of Lewisville in Lewisville, Texas. Download the Free Yoga brochure.
Treating Pain and Preventing Addiction in Cancer Patients – Pain is one of the most common symptoms in cancer patients. The pain patients experience can be caused by both the cancer itself and/or the treatments that they undergo in effort to eradicate the cancer.
You And Breast Cancer
This website is An Animated Patient’s Guide to Breast Cancer and Metastatic Disease that includes easy-to-understand animations and videos that explain a variety of breast cancer topics
Counseling, Education and Support Groups
Cancer Care Services
623 S Henderson St; Ft Worth, TX 76104 817-921-0653
- Provides financial, emotional and social assistance to under- served cancer patients and their families
- Qualifying patients receive assistance in the form of Medicine and supplies, Homemaker and Respite Care, Dental Assistance, Nutritional Supplements, Equipment, Transportation Assistance, Emergency Funds, Counseling Groups and Case Management, Health Insurance Premiums
Cancer Support Community North Texas
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Dallas, 8196 Walnut Hill Ln Dallas, TX 75231
- “Nonresidential, home-like meeting place, where people with cancer and their families and friends can join with others to build social and emotional support as a supplement to medical care—free of charge”
- Offers support in the form of Wellness Groups, Family Groups, Networking Groups, Workshops and Lectures
Jewish Family Services
5402 Arapaho Rd, Dallas TX 75248; 972-437-9950
- Promotes emotional health & self-sufficiency for anyone in need throughout the Greater Dallas area by providing effective and affordable mental-health & social services.
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Dallas, 8196 Walnut Hill Lane, LL10
- Provides support for African American Women and their families going through breast cancer treatment.
- Gives facts and educational help concerning breast cancer.
Virginia R. Cvtko Patient Education and Conference Center
Baylor Medical Center Dallas – Sammons Cancer Center 214-820-2608
- Open Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Offers multidenominational pastoral care, site-specific support groups and self-help groups
- Patient education booklets and videos
Bravadas Wigs and Extensions
5223 W Lovers Lane, Dallas TX 75209 214-242-9407
- Wig Design Services
- Wig Sales
- Wig Care and Maintenance Supplies
- Free Chemo Hair Cuts
Bridge Breast Network Survivorship Items
4000 Junius St., Dallas, TX 75246 214-821-3820
- Breast Prosthesis and Mastectomy Bras
- Lymphedema Services and Supplies
Cuisine for Healing
1450 8th Avenue, Ft Worth TX 76104 Email:firstname.lastname@example.org 817-921-2377
- Only Serving Tarrant County
- Cuisine for Healing is a nonprofit organization committed to making nutritious, delicious food readily available to people combating life-threatening diseases, while providing education about the power of healthy food to help the body in the healing process.
Doris Daniely Outreach for Breast Reconstruction
Carol Autry 214-827-8407
- Program provides affordable breast reconstruction and educational services to medically underserved women.
FitSTEPS for Life
Dallas Metroplex: 972-664-0523 Toll Free Number: 877-961-0149; East Texas:903-561-0149
- Therapeutic exercise, strengthening, stretching and home exercise programs
- Adaptive equipment assessment and training
- Gait and transfer analysis and training
- Balance assessment
- Patient education
- Nutrition recommendations
For breast cancer patients:
- Scar mobilization
- Mobility management
- Edema control
FitSTEPS for Life – Locations
- FitSTEPS for Life at Baylor Sammons Cancer Center 3410 Worth St. Ste. 250 Dallas TX 75246
- FitSTEPS for Life at Richardson 301 S. Sherman St. Ste. 113 Richardson TX 75081
- FitSTEPS for Life at First Baptist Church, Garland 425 South 9th St. Garland TX 75040
- FitSTEPS for Life at Cancer Institute of Dallas, Duncanville 310 East Hwy. 67 Duncanville TX 75137
- FitSTEPS for Life at Aqua-Fit Swim & Wellness, Plano 1400 Summit Ave. Plano TX 75074
- FitSTEPS for Life at University of Texas, Arlington 500 W. Nedderman Dr. Maverick Activities Center, Room #147Arlington TX 76013
- FitSTEPS for Life at Lou & Jack Finney Cancer Center, Greenville 4215 Joe Ramsey Blvd. 2nd Floor Medical Pavilion Greenville TX 75401
- FitSTEPS for Life at First United Methodist Church, Lindale 402 W. Hubbard Street Lindale TX 75771
- FitSTEPS for Life at First Baptist Church, Tyler 301 W. Ferguson Tyler TX 75702
- FitSTEPS for Life at Texas Oncology Tyler 910 E. Houston Tyler TX 75701
- FitSTEPS for Life at Getterman Wellness Center, Waco 7300 Bosque Blvd. Waco TX 76710
- HOPE Room at CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances Hospital 3 Dawson Oncology Floor Tyler TX 75701
- FitSTEPS for Life at First Christian Church, Tyler 4202 S. Broadway Tyler TX 75701
- FitSTEPS for Life at Bullard Southern Baptist Church 716 N. Houston Bullard TX 75757
- Headquarters and Administrative Offices 218 North College Tyler TX 75702
Hunt Regional Medical Center 4215 Joe Ramsey Blvd. Greenville TX 75401 For fitting or more information, contact Kelly Pulley at 903-408-1886
- Mastectomy Bras and Prosthetics
Joan Katz Breast Center Baylor Scott and White Fort Worth
1400 Eighth Ave., Fort Worth, TX 76104 817-922-2223
- Mastectomy Bras and Prosthetics
Moncrief Cancer Center
400 W Magnolia Ave; FT Worth TX 76104. 817-288-9800; 800-405-7739
- As an affiliate of UT Southwestern Harold C. Simmons Comprehensive Cancer Center in Dallas, Moncrief Cancer Institute offers an exceptional level of academic medical expertise in Fort Worth. They provide:
- Screening programsthat help detect cancer at its earlier stages
- Educational sessionsthat arm you with the most current information
- Survivor servicesthat deter the recurrence of cancer
- One-one-onenutrition and fitness programs customized to each patient
- Emotionaland clinical support for patients and families
- Cancer services throughout North Texas on theMobile Cancer Survivor Clinic
Women’s Health Boutique
- Dallas: 8499 Greenville Ave. at Royal Ln. Suite 99, Dallas TX 75231 214-373-1045
- Presbyterian: 8196 Walnut Hill Ln Suite 140, Dallas TX 75231 214-360-7750
- Oak Cliff: 1322 N. Beckley Ave at Colorado Blvd, Dallas TX 75203 214-948-3999
- Plano: 3115 W. Parker Rd. Suite 270, Plano TX 75023 972-985-4477
- Longview: 605 N. 6th St, Longview TX 75601 903-758-9904
Financial and Other Community Services
Social Security Administration -1-800-772-1213 (Medicare and Medicaid)
Texas Health and Human Services (Health Care Coverage) 1-877-541-7905
Information and Referral Services-211
M.D. Anderson Cancer Center –Houston Texas 1-800-392-1611
American Breast Cancer Foundation
10400 Little Patuxent Parkway Ste 480 Columbia, Maryland 21044
TEL: 410-825-9388; 410 730-5105
- Financial assistance to uninsured or underinsured women and men of all ages for breast cancer diagnostic tests, treatment and support items.
American Cancer Society
- National Cancer Hotline available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Available to answer questions about cancer and make referrals to local organizations regarding transportation, counseling, etc.
Patient Advocate Foundation (PAF) Co Pay Relief Program (CPR)
421 Butler Farm Road; Hampton, Virginia 23666 TEL: 1-866-512-3861
- Financial assistance to financially and medically qualified patients, including those insured through federally administered health plans such as Medicare, for co-payments, co-insurance and deductibles required by a patient’s insurer for pharmaceutical treatments and/or prescription medications prescribed to treat and/or manage his/her disease.
Susan G. Komen Helpline
1-877 GO KOMEN (1-877-465-6636
- Susan G. Komen® partners with CancerCare® to offer the Komen Treatment Assistance Program which bridges the gap for underserved individuals who are actively undergoing breast cancer treatment.
- With this program, we aim to help those who are facing financial challenges by providing the following to low-income, underinsured or uninsured women across the country: an assessment by an oncology social worker, limited financial assistance, breast cancer education, psychosocial support and information about local resources.
- Funding helps women of any age who have been diagnosed with breast cancer, at any stage of the disease. Financial assistance is granted to women who meet pre-determined eligibility criteria. To learn more about this program and other helpful resources, call the Komen Breast Care Helpline at 1-877 GO KOMEN (1-877-465-6636).
Sunshine Behavioral Health
Many people with cancer and their families experience mental conditions such as distress, depression, or anxiety. Care options, legal advice, and mental health resources can help people treat the physical and emotional impact of cancer and its consequences.